The purpose of this site is to provide information on pet care and classes available in the San Francisco Bay Area that teach animal caregivers the basics of pet care.
Why is it important to take this class? Because you will learn the proper way to trim nails, clean ears, brush, and otherwise care for your dog or cat. You will also find answers to the following questions:
- How often should I trim my pet’s nails?
- Nails should be trimmed monthly
- Nails that become too long can cause back problems, curl, and become caught and damaged see photos
- The blood vein grows with the nail and becomes too long
- Why must ears be cleaned?
- Bacteria and yeast infections can occur
- Wax, dirt, and hair can build up see photos
- Infected ears are very painful and can lead to hearing loss
- Why must I brush so often?
- Mats look and feel terrible
- Many skin conditions can be hidden under matted fur
- It can be very uncomfortable for the pet to be matted
- Why does my dog scoot his rear end around?
- His anal gland may be causing him discomfort see photo
Different breeds have different physical issues. In class we can discuss your particular breed and any special needs you might have. I also cover exercise, diet, teeth, and so much more.
There are many things you can do at home to improve the quality of your animal’s life. It just may be easier than you think.